Miyerkules, Enero 23, 2013

QUESTION OF POWER TO ONE SELF


When asked, If I have been marginalized, I would answer yes. As a human being, everyone could be marginalized by anyone at different scenarios. Yes, I have been marginalized, as a student of DLSU, coming from a Province; I live at my mom’s ancestral house here in Makati. I some how feel marginalized when it come to making decisions here at our house. Decisions when it comes to redecorating and improving some parts of the house. Since I now study here in Manila, I try to exercise or execute power by wanting something’s to be done or redecorated here at the house but since my Lola, Mom and Aunt has a different choice, I feel marginalized whenever my choice will be contested or simply not be considered by them.

On the other hand, When asked, If I have been an oppressor, I could also say yes. As a privileged individual, I have a driver, in such that, whenever we are on the road and has to choose a route going to some where, I feel that I oppress my driver whenever he tells an optional route. I usually contradict him by insisting him on what I think is best when it comes to directions.

When it comes to my being objective, I can say that there are times I try to be neutral and weigh things before I react. Especially when it comes to arguments between older people. Like in my new home, whenever my mom and lola argue on certain things regarding the house, I just listen and observe and just don’t but in. instead I listen to both sides and simply understand them. I just let them handle their own thing and try not to bother anymore

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento